Monday, February 8, 2010

B is 2!

This past week B turned 2... wow! Poor kiddo had a rough week leading up to his big day. He caught a stomach bug and was pretty sick for a good 6 days! Praise the Lord-- by his big day, he seemed to be doing better. (Then the day after his bday he came down with a cold, but we'll get into that later!)




He had a very special party at Chick-fil-A and I must say, they did a fabulous job! The manager had balloons for each kiddo and was very attentive to our large group's needs. He was running constantly getting drinks and kid's meals and whatever else we needed. Plus, it was FREE to have the party there! So if anyone is in search of a good b-day kids spot, I'd highly reccommend it. Ok, that's my plug :)

B had so much fun running around the restaurant with his little buddies; I love watching kids having fun! He is usually a little shy in big groups but he seemed to sense that this was HIS day, so he made the most of it.

After opening his giant pile of presents we had cupcakes. These were not just any cupcakes, and I must admit I was a little sad to see people sink their teeth into them after all the hard work I did! It took me 3 hours to frost them to look like soccer balls, baseballs, footballs, and basketballs (PS- why is soccer balls two words and all the rest one word? Hmm...) but I should be glad no one spit them out, I suppose!

When we got home we figured B would be ready to crash into bed. He played with his new train set from grandma and grandpa for a while, then off to bed. Daddy and I were close behind him, but had to stay up till 10:30 listening to him on the baby monitor. Apparently he took a while to wind down from all the excitement... he layed in bed for an hour or more singing "Happy Birthday" to himself and telling his bear-bear about the party! He talked about all the guests and how they went "bye-bye" in their respecitve cars, about eating chicken and "dip dip" and opening presents. We were cracking up listening to him and recorded some of it to share with him when he's a teenager and will surely appreciate it. :)

Although I'm still having a hard time realizing that my baby boy is already 2 years old, I am so amazed to see the precious little personality developing in him. He is sensetive yet strong, independent yet needs mommy or daddy close by for quick refueling. He is smart and thoughtful and very hands-on. We think he's going to be an engineer some day.


Ahhh....what a blessing children are. Even when they're covered in vomit at 2 am, crying "mommy hold you!" You just love them so much, how can you resist?
Happy 2nd Birthday, precious B man... We love you so much.

No comments: